Vision & Mission
Sharjah will be the ideal family destination, aiming to attract more than 10 million tourists by 2021.
Sharjah Commerce and Tourism Development Authority will ensure that tourism and commerce make an increasingly vital contribution to the economic, social, cultural and environmental well-being of Sharjah. The SCTDA will continuously plan for the delivery of a mature, confident, prosperous and sustainable growth; through effective co-ordination and collaboration with all levels of business within the emirate of Sharjah and UAE.
Sharjah Commerce and Tourism Development Authority (SCTDA)
Integrated Management System Policy
Sharjah Commerce and Tourism Development Authority (SCTDA) is committed to develop Sharjah’s commercial and tourism sector, promoting the emirate both local and international through various events and activities that exceed Customer expectations, and provide professional services by developing, implementing and maintaining an Integrated Management System (IMS) in reference to ISO 9001:2015, ISO 10001:2007, ISO 14001:2015, OHSAS 18001:2007, ISO 20121:2012. SCTDA recognizes that successful Quality & Customer Satisfaction, Environment, Occupational Health & Safety, and Event Sustainability Management Systems are fundamental to the industry, and it is committed to continual improvement of all relevant processes, and procedures to ensure all standards are met or exceeded.
To meet the requirements of SCTDA’s IMS, we will:
· work to ensure the quality of our services consistently meet or exceed the expectations of our customers and other interested parties;
· develop, implement and maintain a comprehensive Environmental and Events Sustainability Management System with a focus on pollution prevention, minimization of waste, environment protection and preservation of archeological heritage;
· develop and implement Occupational Health and Safety that would prevent injury and ill health and maintain OH&S performance;
· provide a safe working environment promoting the well-being, health and quality of life of SCTDA employees and thereby providing the community with an enduring good impression on SCTDA events;
· comply with all obligations and applicable requirements to SCTDA;
· We regard respect, support the protection of human rights and ensure that human rights abuses are not tolerated. This includes forced, compulsory or child labor as demonstrated through our product and external provider selection;
· ensure that all employees understand their roles, responsibilities and accountabilities towards meeting IMS objectives, as aligned with SCTDA’s strategic objectives, as well as eﬀectively implementing all policies and procedures;
· Continually review SCTDA’s IMS in order to improve our processes and services.
SCTDA’s IMS policy is established to achieve these objectives and maintain an eﬀective and eﬃcient IMS based upon the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 (Quality), ISO 10001:2007 (Customer Satisfaction Guideline), ISO 14001:2015 (Environment), OHSAS 18001:2007 (Occupational Health and Safety) and ISO 20121:2012 (Event Sustainability). This policy statement is documented and communicated to all employees and persons working for or on behalf of the organization and is made available to the public, stakeholders and interested parties. The Top Management will review SCTDA’s Integrated Management System Policy on an annual basis
Khalid Jasim Al Midfa,