The Authority endeavours to develop the commerce and tourism sectors through various events, activities and issuances, and promotes the emirate at all local, regional and international levels.Consequently, it carries out all the work and activities necessary to achieve their goals by way of planning and drawing up strategic plans to further develop and promote the tourism industry in all its forms, market the emirate locally, regionally and globally, and attract foreign investment.
In coordination with other government departments and the concerned private sector, SCTDA offers the stakeholders a number of world class services, and exerts considerable effort in order to achieve the development intended for the Emirate of Sharjah. The Authority also uses all available means to raise public awareness of the unique features Sharjah offers as a preferred tourist destination.
SCTDA services include:
- Issuance, approval, renewal, amendment and cancellation of all tourism-related licences.
- Hotel establishment licence
- Hotel establishment management & operation licence
- Tour operator licence
- Inspection of all tourism properties (hotels, hotel apartments and resorts)
- Ensuring all hotel properties comply with the Authority’s standards, rules and regulations
- Hotels, hotel apartments and resorts accommodation classification
- Hotels and resorts are classified on a sliding scale of one star to five stars, and hotel apartments are classified as either standard, superior or deluxe.
- Conducting industry and tourist guide training