Sharjah Commerce and Tourism Development Authority (SCDTA) are offering training programs that aim towards helping hospitality industry professionals and organizations achieve their goals effectively. SCTDA’s Industry Training is committed to provide quality training services that cover various areas of the tourism and hospitality industry. The programs are derived from our strategy that focuses on empowering our partners to serve the public and lead the evolution of Sharjah to become one of the most recognizable cities in the world.
What is Marhabtain?
Marhabtain is a human capital development program designed for professionals who work in hotels and other organizations within the tourism and hospitality industry. The series of diverse programs form the base of many future initiatives planned to develop knowledge, skills and improve the overall quality of services.
A successful implementation of the Marhabtain Program will enhance the knowledge and the quality of services required for the tourism and hospitality sector, and supports the promotion of tourism and commerce in Sharjah. The industry will find our programs to be a long term supportive strategy for maintaining skilled and customer-focused workforce, influenced by economic, cultural and social values in performing their work.
Objectives of the Program
• To provide participants with data, information (economic/statistics) and updates on the tourism and hospitality industry that will help them deal effectively with customers while carrying-out their duties and responsibilities
• To enrich participants with the necessary knowledge for promoting Sharjah as tourist destination
• To provide high standard service delivery and performance in the tourism and hospitality sector
• To be able to understand and provide information about events, tourists sites, festivals and other tourism-related activities in Sharjah to be able communicate such information to guests, visitors and tourists
• To understand and enhance the roles, functions and responsibilities associated with their jobs
• To be able to learn and demonstrate best work attitude and customer care to visitors and tourists in Sharjah
• To be prepared and be able to help guests, visitors and tourist during challenging situations