Women Economic Empowerment Tourist Guide Training Program
- Provide Emirati women with the knowledge and skill to be active participants in the economy and specifically the tourism industry.
- Provide women with an understanding of the roles, functions and responsibilities associated with tourism jobs with highlighting best work attitude and customer care to visitors and tourists in Sharjah.
- Boost the opportunities available for women through an empowerment program that trains them on life skills to advance themselves within a gender-unbalanced-world.
- Increase female participation in the hospitality and tourism industry by providing licensed Emirati Female Tour Guide
- Enhance women’s access to the tourism & hospitality industry through opportunities by the ‘Career Path Plan’
- Universities of Sharjah: Emirati Women Students (2018-2019)
- Enhance the knowledge and skill of participating women – measured with knowledge and skill assessment
- Increase interest of Emirati women in tourism – measured through an interest survey.
- Increase the number of licensed Emirati women tour guides in Sharjah – measured through number of graduates that obtain license.
- To Enhance women’s access to the tourism industry through the ‘Career Path Plan’ - empowered as tour guides and tourism professionals within the tour operator segment
- Increase women engagement in tourism & hospitality industry and provide them with the ability to actively shape the tourists experience of Sharjah as members of its community – measured through participation in future initiatives or entrepreneurship results